I seriously need time to slow down, or days with more hours in them or something…I seriously love my job, and I love my second job (the college teaching thing), but entire weeks go by when I barely have time to breathe, let alone blog or read a book that’s not school-related. I see everyone posting about NaNoWriMo, and I get a little wistful…ah, maybe someday I’ll get there again.
So anyway, here’s a bunch of random stuff:
- Rand and I went to a couple of Halloween parties last weekend, and here’s what we looked like:
- I very much enjoyed this article, from The Onion. (I’ll spare you my rant about reading and literature and Cliff notes…or at least save it for my rarely-updated teacher blog.)
- I found Ben & Jerry’s Pumpkin Cheesecake ice cream at BJ’s, which made me the happiest girl in the world. It did not disappoint.
- OMG, I love Modern Family. We got the first disc from Netflix, and finally started watching it last week. Before finishing, we ordered season one on Blu-Ray. Unfortunately, when we got them, we discovered that we need an update for the player before we can watch them. Grr…have to wait for a disc from Sony. Double grr. Since I’m talking about this, can any of you fans out there tell me how important it is to watch the episodes in sequence? (like, can we watch the current episodes before seeing all of season 1?)
- Enjoyed a celebration of the invention of the flux capacitor (which is what makes time travel possible) Friday night at the house o’Lehnen. Much laughter was had by all.
- And with that, I dive back into the pile of grading. ‘Night!